Software/Simulation Engineer with Top Secret
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman has a need for aSoftware/Simulation Engineerto support our Palmdale CA CoE site.
As part of the Advanced Technology center's Modeling and Simulation team, the candidate will be responsible for the design, development, integration, and test of physics-based, real-time engineering simulations in support of Operator-In-The-Loop (OITL) mission simulations.
Simulations include air vehicle flight, sensor/payload operations and employment, and advanced Electronic Warfare effects. Expectations include extensive customer interface and collaboration with operators and system partners to develop graphical user interfaces and visualization tools to support mission effectiveness and survivability.
Candidate will contribute to high-visible activities and have opportunities to periodically demonstrate integrated capabilities to sector leadership and high value customers.
Be a part of an innovative and distinguished team producing cutting edge technologies in the diverse and versatile backdrop of southern California.
- A Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) field with at least 2 years of experience in engineering.
- Computer/engineering skills using C#/C++, JAVA, or other Object Oriented programming languages.
- Department of Defense Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a special program access.
- The ability to develop (C# and JAVA) and integrate prototype and pre-production software to support simulation events.
- The ability to develop physics-based models and simulationsusing Object Oriented programming.
- Systems and software integration experience related to Service Oriented Architectures.
- An ability to work with a team in a rapid prototyping environment.
- An ability to create top level briefings and demonstrate excellent presentation skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top