Software/Firmware Design Engineer-4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air, undersea and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.
We are looking for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to accomplish what's considered impossible. Our employees have made significant historical contributions and are shaping the future.
Join a design community that offers unique design challenges that combine the talents of multiple engineering disciplines including Hardware, Firmware, Software, Mechanical Design, Systems Engineering and Program Management.
The software engineer designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and firmware for sensor instrumentation systems. These systems contain Linux based servers employing data driven framework that's used widely across the sector. Typical applications involve data acquisition, stimulation/control of systems during test, interface translation, data injection, playback, and data analysis. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers. Responsibilities encompass all phases of product development, including requirements development, concept design, detailed design, fabrication, integration, documentation release, and maintenance/support. Analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures system software/firmware standards are met.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven problem solver. Employee will spend a significant amount of time after completing design and fabrication in various program integration labs supporting debug, analysis, flight test or other program events, ensuring the systems meet program requirements. Throughout product lifecycle development, they will work closely with systems engineers, hardware design engineers, software engineers, and customers, troubleshooting and correcting root causes of various system level issues.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM disciplineand a BachelorsDegree with 9 years experience;7 years with Masters or5 years with aPhD
- Experience with design, test, and integration utilizing Linux based systems
- A combination of Nine years of recentexperienceusing two or more of the following languages: C, C++, Python, MATLAB, VHDL, XML
- Ability to write embedded (real time) control and DSP software in C/C++
- Ability to use standard test equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, pattern generators, and spectrum analyzers
- Excellent integration troubleshooting skills
- Technical leadership experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Active Secret clearance, U.S Citizenship is a pre-requisite
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related STEM discipline
- Experience with hands-on troubleshooting of server-based systems: working knowledge ofRAIDS, servers, data acquisition, and data analysis
- Experience with LINUX OS
- Working knowledgeof common open standard interfaces and protocols (Ethernet, sFPDP, PCI Express)
- Language experience includes C, C++, Python, MATLAB, VHDL, and XML
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top