Software Web Developer (Drupal)
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman's Technology Services Sectoris seeking a Drupal Web Content Management System (WCMS) Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This role requires partial travel/work to customer site in Austin, TX.
Throughout the project, the candidate will work closely with Project Management and internal/external teams to define and prioritize functionality; execute agile scrum processes, and deliver rapid iterations of progressively complex features and functionality.
As the CMS Developer, you will design and develop prototypes, solve complicated layout problems and implement
functional User Interfaces. In this role, the candidate should ensure requirements are met, and evaluate performance.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to drive change with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills - including experience in Agile/Scrum development practices. Duties include, but not limited to
- Perform as a Drupal Front End Developer providing guidance and collaboration with the internal and external teamsto evaluate solutions and gain consensus for the website design and interface
- User Experience (UX) research and design
- User Interface (UI) development
- Ensure the technical feasibility of the UI/UX designs
- Implement the major aspects of the sprints per the defined functionality for the site with attention to detail and support through the testing and deployment
- A key team member who can think out of the box, has an eye towards UX, and collaborates with managers, engineers and other team members to achieve goals and objectives set for the project
- Design and develop system design document for all aspects of the web site
- Develop and maintain technical specifications and documentation
- Utilize best practices for version control, documentation, and software interoperability
- Work under general direction.
- Resolve performance and development issues throughout all the sprints
- Assist with training the customers' junior developers
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years of related experience OR Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years or related experience. An additional9 years of technical experience can be substituted in lieu of the degree requirement
- 5 years technical and web development experience
- 3 years of experience with Drupal
- Experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment
- The ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in current development and source code management tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, Git, SVN)
- Able to demonstrate strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills; able to
manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled dates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently and within groups
- Must be able to obtain an IRS Moderate Risk MBI Clearance, U.S. Citizenship or 3 years U.S. Lawful Permanent
Resident Status (LPR) required
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Master's degree in technical field and 5 years of related experience
- Experience designing and delivering large scale web sites
- Experience with Agile Software development and Agile methodology
- Experience in implementing Drupal Web Content Management Systems
- Active IRS MBI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top