Software Test Engineer / Principal Software Test Engineer
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people; and protect the world and that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Test Engineer based out of Huntsville, Alabama.
What You'll get to Do:
- Perform test planning, monitoring and test execution activities for tactical and prototype software intensive military systems.
- Devise the test objectives test strategies and author formal test plans/procedures/reports.
- Estimate the testing to be done and acquire and allocate the necessary resources.
- Schedule the test for execution and then monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, the product quality status and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Document test discrepancies and author change requests as required.
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Meet Your Potential Manager here !
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
This requisition may be filled as either a Software Test Engineer or a Principal Software Test Engineer.
- BQs for a Software Test Engineer are 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Principal Software Test Engineer are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- Experience testing SW for performance and functionality based on requirement specification and ability to identify and document exact sequence of activities
- Must be able to work in a technical team environment characterized by frequently changing tasks, new priorities and quick responses
- Experience creating and documenting test plans/procedures, analyzing results and creating reports
- Familiar with UNIX, Linux and/or Windows operating systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with automated testing
- C++ or JAVA experience
- Requirements verification & validation experience is a plus
Back to top