Software Test Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Test Engineer based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Candidates will be competent in performing software integration tests, and writing/executing formal qualification test procedures. Candidates must be able to complete tasking with minimal supervision and be an independent self-starter. Thisperson must also Work well in a team environment, have strong communication skills and be willing to travel.
Other roles and responsibilities include:
- Integrating complex software systems
- Developing test approaches for new software capabilities
- Understanding technical conversations
- Problem solving
- Technical interface with the customer
- Must be pro-active and self-motivated
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 9 Years' experience in SW development lifecycle with Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline, 7 years of System Engineering experience with Masters; 4 Years with a PhD
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Hands-on system troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Microsoft Windows technologies
- Experience in SW Integration and Test
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access.
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements, streamline activities, and develop efficiencies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills
- Previous in-depth domain knowledge of program software engineering and test automation preferred
- Active SCI clearance
- Experience with Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Framework (FW)
- Experience with Air Force or Navy platform mission planning
- Automated Test Script Maintenance and Development
- Creating, augmenting and maintaining automated test procedures
- Security + Certified
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Back to top