Software Test Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Subsystem Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Develop, modify and maintain custom libraries, applications and test scripts to exercise scenarios that are beyond reasonable expected values and time using software engineering best practices and standards
- Experience in development of Test Plans and Test Procedures
- Experience with formal Software sell off documentation such as Software Test Description (STD), Software Test Report (STR), and Software Test Plan (STP)
- Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints
- Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems. Coordinates integrated testing activities
- Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program
- Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2+ years of experience OR A Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- An active DoD Secret or Top Secret level clearancewith a background investigation date within the last 6 years
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access prior to commencement of employment
- Bachelor's orMaster's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering
- Experience using DOORS
- Experience with Python and Automated Testing
- Understand Agile testing methodologies
- Experience using Rhapsody
- Experience using Atlassian tool suite such as BitBucket, Crucible, etc
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top