Software Systems Administrator/Analyst 4 - TS/SCI
We require an experienced Windows server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 system analyst/administrator to operate and maintain an application suite with thousands of users. Candidate will be working in a mid-sized team in a dynamic environment.
The candidate will responsible for ensuring systems are fully operating at high availability, rapidly troubleshooting and resolving systems issues, handling tickets and calls forwarded from the tier one help desk, as well as from team developers. Additionally, candidate will be required to consolidate hardware resources on Virtual Datacenters in an ever changing environment. Candidate must be familiar with creating baseline servers for cloning and configuring to customer needs. This includes rolling back VM snapshots and rebuilding servers with current patches. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for running smoke test build verifications and reporting discrepancies to team developers and testers. Need to have familiarity with ORACLE database environments on Windows servers. Candidate will work closely with Customer, Product Subject Matter Experts, End Users, and Software Engineers to ensure data and system integrity.
Other responsibilities include deploying software patches, editing powershell scripts, limited SQLPlus configuration, normalizing incoming data, developing and running scripts, monitoring and configuring web application servers, generating and installing user certificates, providing technical assistance and consulting to the users, supporting the database administrators, act as SME for OS upgrade transitioning, and developing tools for managing the system.
Candidate must understand system hardening and security through the implementation of STIGs and Patching. Must be able to communicate complex system configurations simply and clearly. In some circumstances the system administrator will need to update documentation operationally within XACTA. The candidate will troubleshoot network and application performance issues and recommend appropriate action. If systems issues and circumstances warrant it, the candidate must also be willing to come onsite during off-hours. The position is at a customer site and frequent customer interaction is required.
- BS Degree and 9 years of experience, Masters with 7 years, 13 years of total experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Must be a US Citizen; ability to obtain or eligibility for TS/SCI clearance adjudication, and ability to pass a poly.
It is possible that SA may work in an unclassified capacity while clearance is processing.
- A minimum 5 years of experience with systems analysis/administration to include Windows and/or Linux Systems
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with VMware
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Experience maintaining applications built on an Oracle database.
- Experience writing scripts to monitor system services, resources, data mine logs, etc.
- Writing SQL and PL/SQL to generate system data reports, modify data as necessary, etc.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting Java, .NET applications, and Oracle applications
- Familiarity with XML
Experience or interest in any of the following technologies is highly desired, and candidates with these qualifications will receive preferred consideration:
- Active/Current TS/SCI and CI Poly
- Security certification
- Experience with ICD-503 or RMF security accreditation
- Microsoft MCSA
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Knowledge of ORACLE
- Knowledge of CruiseControl continuous integration
- Knowledge of Apache Servers and/or WebLogic clustered servers.
- DODIIS security/builds familiarity a plus.
- Past experience with current customer, system, and mission
- Willingness to work at Charlottesville location
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top