Software Engineering Manager 2 (TS/SCI)
- Redondo Beach, CA
The Payload and Ground Systems division of Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineering Manager 2. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Integration and Support Group (ISG) has an immediate need for a Sub-Project Manager (SPM) in the Information Technology field. The SPM will supervise a team of about 10 System Administrators and Engineers performing product identification, procurements, builds, physical and logical system audits, user support, Helpdesk functions, managing computer facilities, and maintaining equipment through its life cycle. The manager must possess excellent leadership, interpersonal communication, and technical proficiency in Red Hat Linux. The candidate will be responsible for directing team members to perform tasks for multiple programs managing priorities, meeting deadlines and working within budgets. The candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision and management of the Sub-Project, including team tasking and support of management meetings and reviews. This position requires coordination and interfacing with the other managers, internal and external customers, facility engineers, and program management. Candidate will work in a dynamic team environment, ensuring processes are defined and followed. The candidate must have the ability to complete tasks with minimal direction and mentor junior engineers.
- 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Experience leading a team of engineers in development deliverables and processes
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Previous experience Red Hat Enterprise Linux server management
- Experience working in a IT service organization and facilities management
- Current SCI access or current DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access
- Security+ or similar security certification
- Previously adjudicated polygraph
- Degree(s) in STEM discipline(s)
- Previous experience with Network Attached Storage (NetApp)
- Previous experience with Virtualization (VMware)
- Five or more years of previous management experience as a Deputy SPM or Technical Lead
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience in operational environments
- Red Hat Linux certified
- Demonstrated Power Point chart development and briefing experience
- Successful building technical and engaged teams
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top