Software Engineering Manager 2
- Woodland Hills, CA
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineering Manager 2 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
The Software and Digital Technologies (SWDT) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineering Manager 2 based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
The SWDT Department provides software and digital design engineering support to all product areas across Navigation and Positioning Systems (NAPS), Integrated Digital Systems (IDS) Systems, and Algorithmic Warfare. This position is 20% functional management and 80% direct program support.
- Lead a team of software engineers responsible for developing real-time embedded software across the full software lifecycle: specification, design, implementation, integration, debug and maintenance.
- Assist in the development and implementation of department vision and strategies to drive employee engagement; improve hiring, development, training and retention of top talent; balance process compliance against innovation; and reduce bureaucracy.
- Staff resource planning.
- Conduct performance and salary reviews.
- Mentor and challenge team members to develop skills and provide career planning/development paths.
- Develop and implement strong processes with emphasis on quantitative management and continuous improvement.
- Ensure organizational compliance with corporate/sector/organizational policies/procedures.
- Drive continuous process improvement and usage of common processes across programs, as appropriate.
- Provide management guidance to achieve outstanding cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Responsible for technical guidance and oversight in developing technical and cost proposals.
- Manage personnel assignments in a highly dynamic and demanding engineering environment.
This management role will require you to complete an assessment as part of the application process. To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo . This video gives you a preview of the Manager Selection Process and is an opportunity to learn more about the Manager Readiness Assessment and the overall process.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other related STEM discipline and a minimum of 9 years of progressive engineering experience, or a Master's degree in Engineering or other related discipline and a minimum of 7 years of progressive engineering experience.
- Strong written and oral Communications skills.
- A proven track record of leading a team of engineers and of establishing strong relationships with other functional organizations and Program Offices.
- Experienced in metrics based cost estimating and the use of prior actual costs to support Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for engineering estimates.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Master's degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated passion for improving employee engagement.
- Prior experience in NAPS or IDS engineering environments.
- Experience in the development of military airborne electronics.
- Knowledge of/experience with emerging (e.g., DO-178) development processes
- Working knowledge of model-based engineering methods and tools.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- A current Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top