Software Engineer (Toolsmith) 3/4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as a Software Engineer. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The selected candidate will support our restricted programs as a member of the Resource Control (RC) team, which supports the ground system development, operations, and maintenance. The team supports multiple programs/missions with software configuration management expertise.
Duties may include:
Develop, maintain, and utilize software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard software configurations, and are logistically sustainable. Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use. May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Ideal candidate has Perl and Shell scripting and previous toolsmith experience. Experience working on C&C Operations is a plus. Experience with hardware/software interfaces and security compliance testing is a positive.
- Level 3: Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least 5 years experience or 3 years experience with a Master's degree; Level 4:Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least 10 years experience or 8 years experience with a Master's degree.
- Previous experience in developing software configuration management tools
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of version control systems including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with Software baseline builds (C , java)
- Experience with Clearcase/Clearquest
- Must be capable of participating in design reviews, configuration audits, and evaluations of software products to ensure proper identification, control, and status accounting of the software baseline for each system. Working on code management, audits, baseline identification, and preparation and control of documentation for software projects.
- Must be able to write Configuration Management (CM) Plans and audit software change procedures, software development, software testing, and software documentation to verify compliance with software CM plans and procedures.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management
- Strong scripting skills
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Linux familiarity
- Git familiarity
- Microsoft Word macro proficiency
- Java familiarity
- Detail Oriented
- Multi-tasking a must
- Likes trouble shooting issues
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top