Software Engineer - Sr Principal (Space/Satellite) (Top Secret/Clearance)
- Pasadena, CA
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, around the earth, to the Moon, to Mars, and throughout the solar system. This includes systems engineering, spacecraft design and analysis, manufacturing, integration and test, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and innovative technology development. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of Northrop Grumman in support of the Jet Prolusion Laboratory. Join an organization of Technical Services support to National Security programs, earth science and planetary missions. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
The Space Systems Sector, Tactical Space Systems Division is seeking a Software Development Engineer to assist an innovative team at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to perform engineering on spacecraft systems or subsystems.
This position is located in Pasadena, CA.
Software Developer job responsibilities may include:
- Perform software/hardware development, installations, configuration, troubleshooting/recovery, patching and deployment for a classified software application
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
- Ensure software standards are met.
- Create automated scripts
- Patch systems
- Document all aspects of various system installation and configuration efforts step-by-step
- Determine user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls;
- Prepare operating instructions, design and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems, develop training for users
- Ability to solve technical problems independently while managing project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Perform as a Python code developer for a classified government contract.
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related area and 9+ years of experience, Master's Degree and 7+ years of experience.
- Must be a US Citizen with an active or current Top Secret/SSBI and have the ability to obtain SCI level access.
- Must have proficiency in Python development to include areas such as the following: gathering requirements, design, development, debugging and test.
Experience supporting JPL or NASA programs and familiarity with NASA software requirements
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top