Software Engineer Secret clearance
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global
security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics and approach to innovation.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to design, implement and test software for submarine training systems for the U. S. Navy at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI.
This position is contingent on contract award
Job Responsibilities include: design, develop, software solutions for training systems that support both the Naval Submarine and Surface Ship fleets. - Design and develop Object Oriented C++ and Java Applications (primarily C++)
- Full lifecycle software development
- Integrate software components into a fully functional system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Perform software engineering in the Linux environment and, to a lesser extent, Windows Operating Systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science and 3+ yrs experience
- Current Secret clearance
- Working knowledge with a minimum of one of the following : C, C++, Java, Python, Bash or other selected programming and scripting languages
- Demonstrated experience documenting requirements and specifications
- Experience with Linux operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise / CentOS)
- Understanding of operating systems scheduling; experience developing performance-based software minimizing CPU utilization and wait states
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. Red Hat KVM, VMware)
- Experience with configuration management tools (ClearCase/ClearQuest, GIT)
- Experience in software architecture and design
- Experience with Intel Server Configurations, Linux Operating System and device configuration
- Device driver development in Linux and ability to make kernel modifications.
- Experience with Inter-Process Communication (IPC) / network client/server development such as TCP/IP, CORBA, HLA, AMQP
- Knowledge of U. S. Navy command and control, sensor and weapon systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top