Software Engineer Levels 2 or 3 or 4 - (C++ Development)
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is looking for a Software Engineer to support an important program in Aurora, Colorado.
Principal duties include:
- Software Engineer to work the on development, integration, and maintenance of a complex SW system.
- Candidate must possess the ability to work as a member of a small, highly skilled team in a dynamic environment and participate in systems design, code development, unit testing, code reviews, debugging, and integration and test of modifications/enhancements into evolving baselines.
- The position also requires an individual with the ability to work on technical challenges and to provide innovative solutions, to include system troubleshooting, implementation of new capabilities for future versions of the system, and support test and documentation.
- Candidate must have the ability to successfully interact with end-users, customers, and other developers, as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-starter to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems.
- Bachelor's degree within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college with 5 years software development experience
- C development experience
- Knowledge of object oriented design
- Knowledge of software lifecycles
- Experience with version control software
- Must have and be able to maintain active TS/SCI security clearance
- 9 years of C development experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Experience developing on Microsoft Windows
- Experience with issue tracking systems.
- Experience with version control software.
- Previous Agile development experience and/or Certified Scrummaster
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top