Software Engineer (J2EE) - All Levels
Northrop Grumman is seeking multiple Software Engineers (J2EE) to join our team of qualified individuals. We are seeking all levels! The position will be located in Fairfax, VA. The Software Engineer will be responsible for building J2EE web applications in a team with full life-cycle software development activities including design, develop, and maintain the Defense Travel System.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/ or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Follow Agile lifecycle processes, utilizing best practices for configuration control and development practices.
- Maintain and extend JAVA-based applications utilizing Spring MVC, Tapestry, Spring, Hibernate, Struts and Oracle database backend.
- Perform software development and unit testing tasks supporting the development and sustainment of a large web based application.
In addition, the candidates will perform analysis, development, execution, and maintenance of Java J2EE applications utilizing a variety of frameworks. Primary responsibilities will be to analyze, develop, code and unit test, document procedures, and write analysis / design documents as necessary. Work closely with the multiple teams to include requirements, testing, and operations.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related discipline and 2 or more years experience in Software Development
- Experience programming in JAVA J2EE
- Development experience with Hibernate and Oracle Database
- Experience with one of the following Java Frameworks: Hibernate, Spring, or Tapestry
- Strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills; able to manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled dates
- Must be able to adapt in a rapid changing environment, be a fast learner and self-starter
- Excellent written and communication skills and can work independently and well within groups
- Candidates must be US Citizens who are eligible to obtain a DoD CAC
- Travel industry experience
- Java J2EE development experience on a Unix Operating environment against an Oracle DB, using Spring, Hibernate, or Spring MVC.
- Experience developing J2EE applications in a Unix/Linux environment
- Development experience in a CMMI Level 3 or above environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top