Software Engineer - DevOps
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Grow your career as part of team that delivers high value applications utilizing the latest development standards and practices while working in an agile environment.
The selected candidate will be an integral member of the Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems Common Open Mission Software Architecture (COMSA) DevOps team, interfacing with an industry-wide collaborative working group.
* Design and implement rapid prototype and proof of concept software demonstrations
* Support multiple internal research and development efforts to evaluate emerging technologies
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of experience as a software engineer OR
* Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
* Demonstrated experience of Linux/Unix development, Python, and/or Agile Software Development and methodology
* The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Level DoD Security Clearance
* Experience with the full Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye/Crucible, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crowd)
* Experience developing software with languages such as C/C++ and Java
* Experience with Cmake, Maven, Ant, and Nexus
* Experience with automation and configuration management using Puppet, Ansible
* Experience with formal builds in the DoD Industry
- An Active, in-scope DoD Secret Level Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top