Software Engineer (Clearance Required)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air, space and on the ground that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking experienced Software Engineers to join our diverse team, developing, enhancing and maintainingcapabilities for Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) satellite payload andground systemsfor payload data processing. This position islocated inAzusa, CA at the foot of the San Gabriel Mountains in Los Angeles County. Our software engineering teams offer flexible work arrangements as well as career,technical and personaldevelopment opportunities.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Communicate and work effectively with team members and leads in an agile and dynamic team environment
- Take ownership of tasks assigned by team lead
- Design, develop, document, test, integrate and debug software written in various computer languages
- Meet project milestones while ensuring software standards are met
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Interface with other groups and subject matter experts within and outside of the project
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 2 years related experience OR Master's Degree in STEM discipline with 0 years related experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: C/C++, Java, Python
- Active/Current DoD Secret or Top Secret Clearance or SCI program access is required .
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvement, streamline activities, and develop efficiencies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills
- Previous in-depth domain knowledge of program software design and code
- Experience in Object Oriented Design and Unix/Linux platform development
- Experience with software configuration management and version control tools such as ClearCase, Git/GitHub, Subversion
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development concepts, methodologies and tools
- Experience in Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) such as VxWORKS
Back to top