At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Software organization within the Aerospace Sector has multiple openings for qualified applicants across all areas software that supports manned aircraft, unmanned aircraft, spacecraft, and mission management.
Software is increasingly becoming the key enabler for delivering new mission capabilities on our existing and new platforms under development. Our problem space is broad spanning across real time embedded systems (RTOS), ground based mission systems, to high fidelity simulation environments. We are looking for innovative builders that have a broad software background with the ability to dive deep into new highly challenging technical problems. If you are up for the challenge making a real difference in our mission of preserving freedom and advancing human discovery, we would love to have a discussion with you on the places you would best fit onto our programs, given your unique background, ideas, and interests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or STEM degree
- 1-6 years of software engineering experience
- Development experience in C, C , JAVA, or C#
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or STEM degree.
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
- Understanding of UAV/Air systems
- Proficient at Agile software development and continuous integration practices
- Knowledgeable in one or more areas: high assurance software, flight critical software (DO-178), ARINC Standards, CMMI (3-5), hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, modern HTML UI development stacks, object oriented programming, design patterns, SQL Server/Database Development, middleware technologies (e.g., DDS, ActiveMQ), application servers (e.g., GlassFish, WebLogic, JBoss).
- TS Cleared, SAP/SAR
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top