Software Engineer - Air Vehicle Management Systems
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Essential Functions: The Software Engineer will work in a cross-discipline collaborative environment to develop and verify software for flight/safety-critical and modeling applications. Participation in the full life-cycle of software development, to include coding to high assurance coding standards. The engineer will also participate in software integration activities such as debugging and integration with target hardware. In addition, the engineer will create automated test scripts for formal validations. Finally, participate in software reviews for requirements, software design/interface documentation and automated test design.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in high assurance software, flight critical software (DO-178), ARINC Standards, CMMI (3-5), hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, object oriented programming, design patterns.
Although not required to start, this position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret clearance as well as Program Special Access within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs. Meleng sfwas rocktober
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience developing Object Oriented software
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret or Top Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs.
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret level clearance
- Strong interpersonal skills / Team player
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience in an automated testing environment
- Experience with Agile software development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with VxWorks and RTOS development
- Experience with VectorCAST
- Experience developing software for embedded systems
- Previous experience with automation
- Python or similar scripting language experience
- Experience with C/C++
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top