At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Embedded Software Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. Candidate will need to be able to obtain and maintainclearance with ability to obtain program clearance (SCI/SAP).
The selected candidate will develop flexible software solutions for hard real time, resource constrained systems. Development areas span 1) Distributed architectures based on common components, 2) Data management (file systems, and data reduction strategies), 3) Command & telemetry processing, 4) Automated verification. Languages employed include C++ and Python. The selected candidate will also help support interface development, creation of design documentation, and test planning.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, heavy multi-tasking, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and2 years of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM
- The ability to obtain and maintaina security clearance, with the ability for program access (SCI/SAP)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience developing embedded real-time software
- Experience developing software/writing code in C++ and Python
- Experience with the full software development life-cycle process
- Experience withDistributed architectures,Data management,Command & Telemetry processing,Automated verification
- Experience developing design documentation and test plans
- Current active DoDSecret/Top Secret, or in scope SSBI or SCI/SAPclearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top