At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met. The selected candidate will become an integral member of Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems' Open Architecture team, interfacing to an industry wide Collaborative Working Group, contributing to the design and development of open mission standards, and designing and implementing rapid prototype proof of concept software demonstrations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR Master's Degree in Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing software with C/C++
- Active DoD Interim Secret or Secret level clearance required to start
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours
- Experience with Rhapsody, Eclipse, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo)
- Experience with Java
- Experience with generators or compilers
- Experience with XSD schema
- Experience developing software targeted for Linux
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Google Test
- Experience developing software got production baselines
- Experience with Software requirement development
- Experience with Python
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top