At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineerto join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne FL.
- The Common Open Mission System Architecture group is seeking software engineers for CDDC Subsystem CSCI Testing and Integration to support Agile Software development through the start of subsystem testing.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with a multidisciplinary Integrated Product Team.
- Candidate must be able to conduct incremental component level testing and integration of product functionality.
- Reviewing, interpreting and analyzing formal and informal requirement.
- Creating Test Plans and Procedures that acknowledge technical and schedule constraint. Executing Test Procedures to ensure requirements compliance.
- Support development, integration, and execution of test pass/fail quantitative metrics.
- Performing troubleshooting as required.
- Documenting Test results and creating Test Reports as needed.
- Solve writing defects and performing Component to Component Integration.
- Bachelor's Degree in aScience, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in a Science,Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university.
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++
- Position does not require a clearance to start however, it does require the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance.
- Experience integrating and testing software subsystems into systems
- Experience in scripting language such as python
- Experience in production development program(s) with languages such as C, C++, for Human Machine
- Should be familiar with air craft systems/subsystems architectures (i.e., CNI, vehicle, cockpit,
- Should be familiar with Safety/Mission Critical air worthiness test criteria
- Should be familiar with flight testing pre-requisite criteria
- Should be familiar with writing Test Scripts
- Should be familiar with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like git and confluence
- Should be familiar with Agile SW development process
- Should be familiar with Hardware Software Compatibility matrix process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top