At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida. This site is the center for design, development, and rapid prototyping of advanced airborne surveillance and battle management systems critical to our nation's security.
- Design, develop, test, integration, and deployment of software services
- Automate, maintain, troubleshoot, and improve the systems and software infrastructure
- Work in an agile development process
- Design and implementation of application builds, releases, deployment along with configuration activities
- Work with internal business partners to gather requirements, prototypye, and architect complex solutions supporting the building and test plan execution and perform quality reviews and fix operational issues
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing release, installation, and maintenance
- Apply technical expertise to solve complex problems
- Interact with program management, external supplier and/or government customers
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of experience in software engineering OR
- Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Demonstrated experience in developing/writing code using C++ or Java
- An active, in-scope DoD Security Clearance
- Accredited degree in computer engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering
- Experience with configuration management using industry standard tools and processes
- Experience with Agile software development
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with Open Mission Systems (OMS)
- Experience with DOORS (requirements tool)
- Experience with Eclipse or other integrated development environment
- Knowledge of Linux systems with basic commands
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top