At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This requisition is for a Test Set Software Engineer to support the Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) suite of test sets (includes Telemetry & Commanding Test Set (TCTS)). The candidate will be part of a small EGSE Team supporting I&T floor test operations.
Responsibilities include test set development and troubleshooting anomalies as they arise. Root cause determination, problem resolution and documentation is expected. In this role, the candidate will interface with subsystem test engineers, test operators, systems administrators, system test controller team, and vendors in order to provide support for various test set tasks as required. Position focuses primarily on command and telemetry subsystem, however other test sets within the EGSE suite will also require support. Position may require some travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar STEM Degree
- Active SCI clearance
- 2 years of programming experience in C, C++ and Red Hat Linux OS
- Ability to travel 10% to support offsite operations
- Ability to work on-call/extended hours (1-3 times a year)
- Good understanding of basic networking concepts
- Able to troubleshoot and debug software & hardware
- Able to work effectively in a small team. Willing to take on challenges and take initiative to resolve issues.
- Able to communicate technical information and issues with teammates, managers, and customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top