At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mprYM6eTwoc
Northrop Grumman Aerospace is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our F-35 software team. The successful candidate will join our existing team of software professionals who are developing world-class software in a structured environment to meet our customers' high expectations. This position is based in Redondo Beach, CA with occasional travel to Fort Worth, TX.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle activities and the Agile process for the F-35 External Communications Software. This domain provides information broker services between aircrafts and other battlefield assets as well as distributes battlefield information internally to and from other avionics systems.
- Review of External Communication requirements for completeness and understandability.
- Perform detailed design, code, and testing of those requirements at the domain level as well as support of system and operational testing.
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline with at least 2+ years of software development experience or 0 years experience with a STEM Master's degree.
- E xperience designing and developing code in C++ or other Object-Oriented Design language for Windows, Linux, or real-time OS
- A bility to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret Clearance and SAP (U.S. Citizenship is a prerequisite)
- 10% travel to Fort Worth, Texas
- E xperience in using model driven development tool (e.g. Rhapsody) and real-time operating systems (e.g. Integrity, VxWorks)
- Fluent in C++ Object-Oriented Design and Development
- Experience with development for real-time operating systems (e.g., Integrity, VxWorks)
- Familiarity with communication protocols, tactical data links (MIL-STD-188-220 and MIL-STD-6016)
- Experience in complete software development life-cycle and demonstrate knowledge of embedded systems
- Experience in the Agile process
- Experience in CMMI Level 5 processes
- Candidate will be expected to have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top