Software Engineer 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector is seeking a Software Engineer 5 for the Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region. In the Mission Systems' sector, you™ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office.
The Software Engineer 5 will work closely with other developers to accomplish the following:
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve complex problems in support of program and IR&D efforts.
- Develop software in a team environment with responsibility for architecture, design, code, and unit test artifacts.
- Collaborate across software projects and IPTs to achieve long-range goals and objectives for the corporation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline and at least 14 years of experience; or MS and 12 years; or PhD and 9 years.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with technical teams and upper management.
- Experience developing software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C#, and C++.
- Proven ability to research, solve, and document solutions to complex engineering problems.
- U.S. citizenship with a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Experience with US Army C2 systems.- Development experience in a Linux OS environment.
- Experience leading software efforts for complex software systems.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government customers
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top