Software Engineer 4 - Senior (10+ years) - TS Clearance - Pipeline
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our diverse team, working on ground systems for restricted satellite systems or in software development for payload management software.
This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA. The candidate will have the opportunity to design, develop, document, test, and debug software written in various computer languages. Ensures software standards are met. Must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, ability to interface with other groups within the project, well developed problem-solving skills, and ability to working within a dynamic environment. Works under general direction. Determines and develops technical solutions to complex problems independently.
- Current TS security clearance
- Software Engineer 4 are 9 Years of Engineering experience with Bachelors in Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; 7 Years with Masters; 4 years with PhD
- Experience with JAVA, C/C on Linux-based systems
- Experience with scripting languages (csh, Perl, Python)
- Knowledge of computer languages, including demonstrated experience coding in C
- Current SCI Clearance
- Experience in developing satellite ground systems, in areas of telemetry, tracking, and commanding or mission management
- Experience in software development for payload management software; includes software design, implementation, integration, test, and documentation to program and customer standards.
- Knowledge of payload commanding, spacecraft command and control, telemetry processing, and time and frequency management is desired.
- Experience in visualizations/user experience and cloud architectures
- Experience with git and ClearQuest
- Experience with a Java IDE (Eclipse or NetBeans), Jboss, Java Messaging Services, Eclipse RCP
- Experience with relational database design and SQL programming
- Experience in Agile software development
- Experience in embedded software development
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top