Software Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Software Engineer will develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards, and participate in the full life-cycle of software development, to include requirements development, modeling and design, application development, unit to CSCI testing, integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The candidate will interface on occasion with the customer and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
Must hold an active DoD Interim Secret or Secret level clearance and the ability to obtain program access.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of software engineering experience OR
- PhD Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 4 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++ or Ada
- An active DoD Interim Secret or Secret level clearance
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Software Lead Experience
- Experience in Avionics Flight Management Computer (AFMC)
- Experience working with supplier side software
- Experience managing multiple software baselines.
- Experience in Software Test
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool suite and tools like git and Confluence
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Eclipse or other integrated development environment (IDE)
- Knowledge of Linux systems with basic commands
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top