Software Engineer 4 (17-113 Battle Management FA Lead)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Information Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications
(C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
Applicant will be key contributor to the design and develop a Java-based C2BMC applications. Candidate will help generate software design artifacts, implement software changes, support design and code reviews, support software testing and resolution of issues arising from software testing. Candidate will coordinate with SW FAM on staffing needs. Candidate will assign work to team members and monitor until completion.
- Bachelors of Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math; 7 Years with Masters; 4 years with PhD
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience in full life cycle software development of Java-based applications and systems. Candidate must have hands-on development experience for Java-based applications in a UNIX/Linux platform environment.
- Candidate must have experience developing software in a structured process-based integrated team environment.
- Candidate should have experience leading software teams.
- Other required technical skills include:
- Use of common software development and management tools such as Clearcase and Eclipse
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Experience implementing complex algorithms in source code
- The successful candidate will have good verbal and written communication skills, have the ability to work independently and will possess the poise and flexibility required to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Applicant should have good working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Working knowledge of Ballistic Missile Defense concepts, Battle Management and Command and Control (BM/C2) systems, defense communications systems, and the BMDS in general is especially beneficial.
- Experience in some or all of the following areas also desired:
- Command and control system application development
- Experience with Software Integration testing
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to review performance,identify root cause and recommend a solution.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top