Software Engineer 3/4
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
- The Software Engineer will support the program primarily as a software developer.
- Responsibilities include all facets of the software design, development, and implementation life cycle for software.
- This includes: Requirements synthesis and analysis for new software support capabilities; Design of software; COTS/GOTS integration; Procedures to meet and mitigate requirements; Implementation of software using Java, C, and other programming tools; Integration, documentation, and testing of software development artifacts.
- Resolve technically challenging issues and proactively evolve system and software requirements. Support in-house and customer demonstrations.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position may be filled as a level 3 or 4.
Basic qualifications for a level 3:
BS within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college with 5 years of relevant experience.
Basic qualifications for a level 4:
BS within a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics discipline from an accredited college with 9 years of relevant experience.
Basic qualifications for a level 3 and 4:
- Experience with JAVA and C
- Knowledge of embedded programming concepts and tools
- Use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Ability to create and follow standard processes and clearly document results
- Must be able to work in a group environment
- Able to lead small teams as they develop SW
- Able to lead small teams as they troubleshoot SW to find/fix defects
- Proven teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to efficiently and independently multi-task in an extremely demanding and deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Experience implementing User Interfaces (UIs)
- Familiarity with VxWorks, SCADE Suite, and SCADE Display is desired
- Active TS clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top