Software Engineer 3 - TS/SCI w Poly
Northrop Grumman is seeking a dynamic, talented, and motivated Software Engineer 3. This position is located in McLean, Va. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience supporting mission critical systems in an environment that must continue to support ever changing mission needs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Serve as a collaborator, and demonstrate ability and willingness to think outside the box.
* Developing Requirements and working with users to drive mission efficiencies through IT transformation.
* Perform duties to meet varying mission needs across a broad customer base involving multiple applications and system interfaces.
* Identify, analyze, and document customer and stakeholder needs as technical requirements that define functions and data for the automation of web-based systems.
* Work with business product owners, users, developers, and other stakeholders in support of the complete systems development lifecycle.
* Coordinate with product owners to identify customer priorities for future planning, and propose input into the overall roadmap for the delivery of new and enhanced capabilities.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with a minimum of five years of related work experience, a Master's Degree with a minimum of 3 years of relatedexperience, a PhD with 0 years of experience, or a total of9 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
* 5+ years of experience in analyzing and writing requirement
* 2+ years of experience in a development environment applying Agile technique
* Experience with Java, J2EE (JEE), andTomca
* Experience with Spring MVC; Hibernate, Oracle, SQL, and JavaScrip
* UNIX and Windows commands experience
* Experience with requirements tracking and management tools, such as Jira, DOORS, etc.
* Familiarity of Govt. application system security requirements.
* Experience/understanding of geographic information system (GIS) application interfaces.
* Experience with developing Google Earth and Keyhole Markup Language (KML) is a plus.
* Experience with developing with jQuery; Bootstrap; AJAX
* Experience in leading training sessions.
* Experience working with the sponsor's project management framework
* Experience researching and troubleshooting software related issues
* Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top