Software Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Software Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. The position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The qualified individual will perform to develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards. Interface with various suppliers and engineering organizations to facilitate the integration of their products with NG developed applications.
- Participate in the full life-cycle of software development to include:
- Requirements development, modeling and design
- Application development, GUI Development
- Unit, integration, and formal system testing
- Support on-site SW Integration at customer facility
- Interface on occasion with the customer
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience with software design, development, integration and test
- Experienced software developer with Java, C/C++
- A current DoD Interim Secret, Secret or Top Secret level security clearance
- Familiarity with C4ISR and Electronic Warfare systems
- Familiarity with DOORS and Python
- Familiarity with GUI development
- Familiarity/Experience with Atlassian tool suite with add-ons like Git, JIRA, NEXUS, Jenkins and Confluence
- Familiarity/Experience with Agile software development process
- Security+ accreditation or ability to obtain it
- Familiarity/Experience with ActiveMQ or other JMS architecture.
- Familiarity/Experience with Cyber security concepts.
- Eclipse/Visual Studio or other integrated development environment (IDE)
- Familiarity/Experience with Rhapsody
- Knowledge of Windows 10, Server 2012, and Linux systems with basic commands
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top