Software Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking to find Software Engineers to join our team in the Grand Forks, North Dakota Facility! This is an exciting time for Northrop Grumman as we were awarded one of the largest contracts in US History!
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
We are seeking an innovative Java software developer to join our team! The developer designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or STEM degree, plus a minimum of 5 years experience, at least 3 of which is in developing enterprise solutions in Java.
- Experience in one or more of the following is required: object oriented programming, design patterns, middleware technologies (e.g., DDS, ActiveMQ), application servers (e.g., GlassFish, WebLogic, JBoss, etc), data grid technologies.
- Experience required with integrating software from third party sources.
- Applicant should be familiar with Agile software development practices.
- Ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with NASA World Wind, JavaFX, JMS and SOAP is a plus.
- Experience with sensor/payload Command and Control (C2).
- Experience with UI development using HTML, Spring Web Flow, JSF, and RichFaces.
- Experience desired in, Hibernate, Spring, continuous integration, EJBs, or JAXB, and/or data transfer technologies (e.g., UDT, FFT, etc).
A bachelor degree in computer science, or related STEM degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience developing software. The candidate must be comfortable working in a team of 10 developers of various skill levels in a multi team environment. Experience with at least one or more of the following technologies: JavaFX, CSS, FXM, JSON, Java Script, Java, C , Java Swing, XML, XSLT, REST, WSDL, OSGI, JEE, Maven and net-centric enterprise solutions. The successful candidate must also be familiar with developing in an agile development environment.
An advanced degree in Engineering or Computer Science is preferred. Experience in the following areas: UAV messaging standards (STANAG 4586, UCS); DDS; software development with NASA World Wind and OpenGL; Video processing and video digital standards; familiarity with Northrop Grumman Software Development processes, SEI CMMI Level 5, AS9100, IEEE compliant software engineering practices or the DO-178B / DO-178C standard;
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top