Software Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our diverse team, developing applications for the Global Command and Control System – Joint (GCCS-J) program.
This position will be located in Newport News, VA. The candidate will have the opportunity to design, develop, document, test, and debug software written in various computer languages. Ensures software standards are met. Must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, ability to interface with other groups within the project, well developed problem-solving skills, and ability to work within a dynamic environment. Works under general direction. Determines and develops technical solutions to complex problems independently.
Basic Qualifications are a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with Java, Java Script, HTML, C/C
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, bash, ksh, etc.)
- Experience developing applications for the Windows/RHEL/Solaris operating systems, Basic experience administrating Windows/RHEL/Solaris operating environments
- Experience developing with an IDE (Eclipse, Netbeans)
- Well versed in software integration practices and able to work effectively and independently to meet deadlines
- U.S. Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Able to travel to support the product (25%)
- Able to work on location at Newport News, VA facility
- Must have strong analytical skills, ability to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Experience working with Git SCM
- Experience with Global Command and Control System - Joint (GCCS-J)
- Conceptual understanding of DevOps
- Experience with Netbeans Rich-Client Platform (RCP) development
- Experience developing with any number of the following technologies: Vagrant, Docker, Camel, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Hadoop Ecosystem, Enterprise Messaging, Web Services, Node.js, Java 8
- Experience using any number of the following tools: Jira, Bitbucket, Crucible, Confluence, Artifactory, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and techniques to apply security requirements to application design and development
- Experience developing Unified Modeling Language diagrams
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Experience developing cross platform mobile applications for iOS and Android devices
- Automated deployment technologies and strategies utilizing tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top