Software Engineer 3
Join Northrop Grumman and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are searching for an experienced software engineer to join our team in Beavercreek, OH to contribute to an innovative and collaborative environment, supporting software development efforts on the AVIPSS program.
The selected candidate will be part of the development team operating in a dynamic, fast paced environment. The Software Engineer will perform modifications to open source toolsets used to perform static and dynamic analysis on executable binary files with the intent of determining the existence of actionable vulnerabilities within those files. The Software Engineer will develop software in a variety of software development languages.
The preferred candidate will have experience with software reverse engineering and focus on cybersecurity. Will also possess the ability to quickly adapt to new tools and environments; and will have excellent written and verbal communications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 5 years of experience in the software/information technology industry; or Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field plus 3 years of experience in the software/information technology industry.
- Software development experience in multiple programming languages.
- U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Experience developing in an X86 environment
- Familiarity with open standards.
- Experience with Software Reverse Engineering: Understanding assembly language(s), being able to analyze compiled code to determine its functionality, and experience with related activities (e.g., malware analysis)
- Minor in mathematics to augment technical degree required above
- Experience working with open source toolsets to perform static and dynamic analysis on executable binary files
- Experience with low-level programming such as kernel, device driver, or embedded systems development
- Socket programming experience and/or a strong working knowledge of high-level scripting languages like Python.
- Experience with vulnerability analysis, penetration testing, and/or computer forensics
- Experience in security related forums and industry events for malware, security, digital crimes
- Cyber security/secure orchestration experience
- Computer/Network Security: An understanding of the concepts, principles, theories, and methods for the design, development, analysis, testing, and securing of computer networks
- Completion of military training in a relevant area such as JCAC (Joint Cyber Analysis course)
- Networking: An understanding of networking protocols (specifically TCP/IP, VoIP, wireless protocols, etc.), Internet technologies, and the fundamentals of LAN and WAN technologies
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32bit & 64bit Internals:
- Deep understanding of the Windows Registry
- PE Format
- Windows memory model
- Windows Security Model - user/groups, SACL/DACL, Tokens, Desktops, etc
- Hooking/Injection mechanisms
- Usermode/Kernel mode internal structures (plus how to interpret)
- x86 assembly exposure is a must
- Rootkit detection techniques
- Experience with Code Sonar, Manticore, Mayhem, and/or Panda
- Knowledge of Virtualization software (VMWare, Hyper-V, Virtual PC/ Virtual Box, XEN, etc)
- Experience with NASIC applications
- DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top