Software Engineer 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Engineer 3 familiar with agile scrum and software development. The ideal candidate will be joining a highly motivated and focused agile development Product Services software team. This position is located in Bellevue, NE.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates software estimations and planning identifying product backlog tasks to be worked in a sprint and aid in estimating level of effort for development activities
- Lead daily standup meetings, scrum of scrums, remove impediments, and working with the product owner to ensure product backlog is current and up to date
- Conduct sprint review meetings and demonstrations to product owners and vested parties.
- Update product backlog tasks to include new or revised requirements and backlog items.
- Manage open issues in JIRA and work cross-functionally to determine remedies as necessary.
- Work with architecture and engineering teams to drive planning, issue resolution, and development on project specific technical details.
- Facilitates getting the work done without pressuring, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Collaborates with other developers and product analysts effectively
- Works well in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field and 5 years of related experience.
- U.S. Citizenship
- DoD Secret security clearance eligibility
- 2 years of experience as a software project manager, scrum master or team lead
- At least 2 to 4 years of formal agile process experience
- Basic software analysis and design experience
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile / Scrum)
- Proven track record of leading teams to successfully deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)
- Demonstrates a servant leadership style
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the development teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top