Software Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Oklahoma City, OK.
The selected candidate will develop software in a process-oriented software development environment for aircraft and ground systems.
- Develop embedded software which will operate in a resource constrained target environment with soft and hard requirements
- Candidate will need familiarity with various processor, memory, and I/O architectures and be able to implement both procedural and object-oriented software in C/C and Java
- Candidate will work with operating systems ( VxWorks , Integrity, Linux) and their associated host/development environments and tools
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels. Candidate must be comfortable in a lab environment and be able to collaborate closely with system engineers, hardware designers, and integration/test engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 4 years of software engineering OR
- Master's Degree in STEM and 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience with software development using C and C
- An active, in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- The ability to obtain and maintain program access
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Internship experience with Software Development, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Knowledgeable in: high assurance software, flight critical software (DO-178), ARINC Standards, CMMI (3-5), hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, object oriented programming, design patterns,
- Excellent 2-way communication skills (upward and downward)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top