Software Engineer 2/3 (UI Focus)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to develop systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity, and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.
This Software Engineer will be a part of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector at our Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems' sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
As a UI focused Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be a flexible self-starter working in a dynamic environment working closely with our customers and end-users to implement highly usable workflows and advanced visualizations.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
- BQs for a Software Engineer 2 are 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Software Engineer 3 are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- Ability to develop software in object-oriented programming languages (Java, C++).
- Background in GUI development and/or 3D graphics
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with technical teams
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience creating Java-based user interfaces with the Swing or FX API
- Experience leveraging 3D map engines, such as NASA WorldWind, for visualization
- Ability to design and develop in a multi-threaded software environment
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems
- Experience with pub/sub message communications
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance
Back to top