Software Engineer 2/3 - TS/SCI
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking 4 junior/mid-level Software Engineers within our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Fairfax, VA. The candidate may be required to participate in all phases of the software life
cycle including analysis, design, development, unit test, peer review, test support, internal and external documentation, and maintenance of applications. These positions require basic analytic skills to learn to decompose equirements,
test and debug software applications, and perform analysis, trouble-shooting, and support of test activities. Successful candidates must be able to develop technical procedures. The qualified SW Engineers must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, test and deployment. The ideal candidates will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, innovation, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with general direction and minimal oversight. The candidates must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program objectives and perform their work accordingly. The junior/ mid-level SW Engineers will have the opportunity to engagement with NGC leadership, external business partners and customers, as required to provide technical information regarding the program.
The candidate will support a System Operation & Maintenance program, working with a team of geographically dispersed, cross-discipline specialty engineers, and responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepare operating instructions.
- Identify and implement new or improved tools and processes to increase team efficiency.
The positions are for various shifts, in support of 24/7 operations. Initial work will begin during ‘normal day shift hours,’ but will transition to shift work. Shift work will be required during training and testing activities, as well as operations. The
candidate should be prepared to work different shifts when required.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications below.
This position may be filled at a level 2 or 3.
Basic qualifications for a level 2:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related STEM discipline with 2 years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering with 0 years of experience.
Basic qualifications for a Level 3:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related STEM discipline with 5 years of experience, Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering with 3 years of experience, or 0 years of experience with a PhD.
Basic qualifications for a Level 2 or 3:
- Knowledge of software life cycle and agile development practices.
- Familiarity with distributed computing systems and/or real-time computing/messaging systems
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with MatLab, Nagios, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Oracle, MySQL, and SharePoint, or related applications.
- Ability to work at a government facility within a multi-contractor (badgeless) team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a positive, helpful, and professional demeanor.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills, along with the ability to work well within a team environment.
- U.S. Citizenship required. A current/active TS/SCI clearance is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio).
- Experience determining whether or not the system performance meets mission requirements.
- Familiarity with software CM processes and experience in a development environment is strongly desired.
- Experience in complex system assessment/analysis; with exceptional attention to detail.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top