Software Engineer 2/3 (Secret required)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives
on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. You will learn, grow, and play in an environment that focuses on results and delivery, all backed by strong corporate values and ethics.
This Software Engineer will be a part of the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) sector at our Engineering, Sciences & Technology (ES&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems' sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division.
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be a flexible self-starter working in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems. In this role, you'll use modern software
technologies to create innovative solutions that keep our armed services safe and battle-ready around the world
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make an impact and are ready to take ownership and responsibility for your work
- Are interested in growing as both an engineer and a teammate
- Are willing to try new things and work with a diverse group of people
- Either have experience with or are interested in working at scale
- Have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field.
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
- BQs for a Software Engineer 2 are 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- BQs for a Software Engineer 3 are 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in preferably in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 3 Years with Masters; 0 with PhD
- Ability to develop software in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, or Ada.
- Active Secret (or above) Security Clearance.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with technical teams.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions.
- Experience with the Missile Defense and Sense & Warn based systems.
- Experience with international sensors and fire control systems.
- Development utilizing a Linux based development environment.
- Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python, MATLAB, etc.
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government customer.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top