Software Engineer 2/3
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger. Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Level 2 or 3 Software Engineer to join our diverse and talented Software Engineering team in the design, implementation, and integration of real-time embedded software for our next generation Embedded GPS/Inertial Navigation System. The development will be performed at our Woodland Hills, CA site.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) with 2 years of Software Engineering experience; 0 years with a Masters
BS in Computer Science or related discipline with 5 years of Software Engineering experience or an MS in Computer Science or related discipline with 3 years of Software Engineering experience.
Relevant Experience needed for both level 2 or 3
- Experience in translating software requirements into software design, producing software code from designs, and testing and debugging software code.
- Determine and develop solutions to complex difficult problems.
- Demonstrated use ofprogramming languages such as C/C++, Java, or Ada95.
Active Secret Clearance
- Experience developing embedded real-time safety-critical software for Embedded GPS/Inertial Navigation Systems using processes that employ DO-178C guidance and criteria.
- Experience in the use of Model Based Engineering (MBE) tools to develop and test real-time safety-critical model based applications.
- Experience with IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest.
- Experience with the Green Hills Integrity operating system.
- Experience with Mathworks Simulink MBE tools.
- Experience in the development and execution of requirements based testing, including structural coverage testing, to achieve DO-178C objectives.
- Some experience with Object-Oriented development and UML based design development tools such as IBM Rhapsody is a plus.
- Some experience using modeling tools such as MatLab, MathWorks Simulink and ANSYS SCADE and using requirements management tools such as DOORS is desirable.
- Experience with Software test tools such as LDRA or Vectorcast.
- Familiarity with languages such as Python and the automation of requirements based testing.
Back to top