Software Engineer 2/3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us in this fast paced, ever changing field. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing Infrared Countermeasures Test Engineering team in Rolling Meadows. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with other developers, other engineering disciplines, Manufacturing team and our customers as a Software Engineer.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to, and integrated with, engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
- Apply the appropriate Software Engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products such as laboratory simulation systems, and display systems
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel
- Travel to customer site for installation / maintenance of our software applications upon completion (both stateside and abroad).
The ideal candidate will be energetic, driven and have experience including the full software development life-cycle, which includes: requirements, design, coding, testing, integration, and configuration management.
This position will be filled either at a band 2 or band 3.
- Basic Qualifications for a Band 2: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical discipline plus 2 years related work experience or Master degree and 0 year experience
- Basic Qualifications for a Band 3: Bachelor of Science Degree in
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical discipline plus 5 years related work experience or Master degree and 3 years experience
Additional basic qualifications for both levels are:
- Strong organization / communication skills
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- National Instruments LabVIEW
- National Instruments Lab Windows/CVI
- National Instruments TestStand
- Experience with C/C
- Experience with hardware communication (RS-232, GPIB (IEE 488), TCP-IP, Mil Spec 1553)
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to accommodate periodic travel
- 2 years of work experience with National Instruments LabVIEW
- 1 year or work experience with C/C /C#
- 2 years of work experience with National Instruments LabWindows/CVI
- 1 year of experience with National Instruments TestStand
- Experience with Software project estimating and management
- Experience with ClearCase / ClearQuest / GitHub
- Experience in manufacturing environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top