Software Engineer 2 - VMS
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Software Engineer 2 - VMS to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Software Engineer will develop, modify and maintain hard real time embedded system software development for flight/safety-critical applications using software engineering best practices & standards and participate in the full life-cycle of software development to include C++ coding to flight/safety critical coding standards, unit testing and software integration testing. Software requirements and design documentation and support for program reviews.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in high assurance software, flight critical software (DO-178), ARINC Standards, CMMI (3-5), hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, object oriented programming, design patterns.
Position requires an active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret level clearance and the ability to obtain program access
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Experience developing software / writing code in C/C++
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret level clearance
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with Agile software development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with VxWorks and RTOS development
- Experience with VectorCAST
- Experience developing software for embedded systems
- Previous experience with automation
- Python or similar scripting language experience
- Knowledgeable in high assurance software, flight critical software (DO-178), ARINC Standards, CMMI (3-5), hardware/software interfaces, programming of embedded processor utilizing a Real Time Operating System (RTOS), real-time and post processing data analytics, object oriented programming, design patterns
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top