Software Engineer 2 (User Interface)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Software Engineer 2 in the Engineering, Manufacturing & Sciences (EM&S) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems' sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division. The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong technical skills to achieve sustainable quality products. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and developing software for small to large scale programs. This candidate will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal and technical capabilities. He/she will have an ability to operate in a team environment and collaborate across the sector business areas as required to accomplish the team goals. The candidate will work closely with other software developers. The Software Engineer will work closely with other developers to accomplish the following:
- Support team in completing necessary software on schedule.
- Developing software documentation.
- Complete work independently and as a part of a team.
- Interact with related disciplines to accomplish goals.
- Solve complex problems through innovative and creative solutions.
- Utilize software development tools to increase efficiency in code development while decreasing defects.
- Interact with customer/supplier organizations.
- 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- Current Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Ability to develop software in object-oriented programming languages (Java, C ).
- Background in GUI development and 3D graphics
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with small technical teams.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results.
- Demonstrate adherence to applicable software development processes.
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
- Utilization of debugging tools and testing mechanisms.
- Ability to solve complex math and physics problems.
- Development utilizing Linux operating system.
- Development of discrete event simulations
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, GIT, RTI DDS, and Matlab tools
- Experience with OSGi, DDS, WorldWind, OpenGL, SWING, Aspectj, etc
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top