Software Engineer 2 (TS/SCI with Polygraph)
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented, self-motivated Software Engineer to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused software development project working with a team of qualified, diverse individuals based in Dulles, VA. The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principles and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participates with fellow team members in technical design of software components and capabilities.
- Develops software in accordance with the planned design and conducts unit and integration testing on the developed
software; The team currently applies Agile practices using scrums and 3-week sprint cycles.
- Collaborates with team members and participates in peer reviews.
- Communicates openly with the engineering, requirements and test team members.
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math and 2 years of overall software engineering experience.
- Experience with Spring MVC and/or SEAM with JSF; Hibernate; JPA; JBPM; Oracle.
- Experience with designing and maintaining databases using SQL.
- Familiar with Subversion and/or Git, configuration management, Eclipse, Selenium automated testing tool, requirements
analysis and documentation, Junit, Experience with Agile Software Development.
- An Active TS/SCI w/polygraph clearance
- Experience with front end development
- Ruby on Rails software development skills
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions.
- Ability to work within a team environment or individually, as needed.
- Good communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and customers.
- Experience with REACT java libraries
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top