Software Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers level 2, familiar with service-oriented software development. The ideal candidate will be joining a highly motivated and focused agile software development team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization and documentation of software applications in a multi-tier, distrusted, browser-based enterprise computer
- Understand SOA concepts and patterns
- Perform unit testing to ensure the quality of code produced
- Research and fact finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
- Participates in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support
- Collaborates with other developers and product analysts effectively
- Works well in a team environment
- At least 2 years of work related experience with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or STEM related field
- U.S. Citizenship
- DoD Secret security clearance eligibility
- Software analysis and design experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Java, Flex, C , or Python, C#, or Swift.
Experience with Application Server development (JBOSS, Weblogic, Glassfish, etc.)
- Demonstrated Leadership experience.
- Current DoD Secret security clearance.
- EJB or servlets experience
- Application development using Weblogic/Glassfish
- SQL (MySQL, Oracle) experience
- JUnit Unix-based experience
- Shell scripting (bash, ksh) experience
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, Fisheye Crucible, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins continuous integration tool, Mercurial distributed version control system, and Maven
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top