Software Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Technology Services, located in Herndon, VA, has an opportunity for a team-oriented Junior Software Engineer to perform Java development for the Arms Control Enterprise System (ACES).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing use cases and supporting material required for documenting functional requirements
- Developing designs as necessary to satisfy use cases and functional requirements
- Developing software using Struts, JSP, EJB and third party APIs to interact with an Oracle database and web services
- Working with an Oracle DBA to create/update stored procedures and design/update database table structure
- Developing Junit unit tests
- Assisting in troubleshooting user reported issues
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2 years developing web based applications in the J2EE framework
- Experience in full lifecycle software development
- Experience with Java, EJB, Struts
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Solid interpersonal, communications, and writing skills
- Experience with software source control tools, defect tracking tools, and/or Rational Rose
- Must be a US Citizen
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with XML and Web services
- Experience working in a CMMI environment following established process, contributing to process improvement
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top