Software Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Software Engineer 2 to join our team in Huntsville, AL.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Ground Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Development and Sustainment Contract (DSC) in support of the Missile Defense Agency. The GMD element, composed of the Ground Systems (GS) and Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) components, is a critical part of our nation's layered Ballistic Missile Defense System providing the U.S. with the capability to engage and intercept long range ballistic missiles during midcourse flight.
Design, develop, integrate, and maintain In-Flight Interceptor Communication System (IFICS) Data Terminal (IDT) software and processor hardware. Design upgrades to IDT processing system hardware and software. Hardware will be UNIX servers. IDT processing system controls and monitors hardware devices over Ethernet, RS-232, and EIA-530 (RS-422) serial interfaces in real time. Design, develop, and integrate software with hardware devices over Ethernet, RS-232, and EIA-530 (RS-422) serial interfaces. Software will be Ada/Java/C in a UNIX target environment. Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, and log file analysis.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- Experience designing computer processing systems that monitor and control hardware devices in real time.
- Software design and implementation experience with object-oriented programming languages, such as, Ada 95, C , or Java on a UNIX operating system.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- MDA experience.
- GMD experience. Specifically, experience designing and developing GMD Ground Systems software.
- Experience integrating hardware with software.
- Solaris development experience.
- Ada Experience.
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top