Software Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aSoftware Engineer 2to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Software Engineer will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Work with the lead test engineer and a team of software developers to establish and develop test methods and techniques.
- Perform integration testing, regression testing, and formal qualification testing in an agile software development environment.
- Document software problems and verify fixes.
- Design, develop, and maintain software test plans, software test cases, software test procedures, and automated software tests in compliance with program functional, technical, and performance requirements.
- Troubleshoot and modify test tools and test scripts.
- Generate software test data, perform test data analysis, and develop test documentation.
- Participate in formal software inspection process, customer meetings, and user events.
- Provide support to customer testers during acceptance testing, including test procedure walkthroughs, documentation of testing issues and test results, and answering questions on system functionality.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of software engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university
- Knowledge of object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing software with C/C++
- An active in-scope DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result
- Able to perform work in an approved environment during specified work hours Experience with Rhapsody, Eclipse, Atlassian Tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, Bamboo)
- Experience with Java
- Experience with generators or compilers
- Experience with XSD schema
- Experience developing software targeted for Linux
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with Google Test
- Experience developing software got production baselines
- Experience with Software requirement development
- Experience with Python
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top