Software Engineer 2
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Software Engineer 2 in the Engineering, Sciences & Technologies (EM&T) Central Region Engineering, Huntsville Site. In the Mission Systems' sector, you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. The qualified applicant will work in our Huntsville, Alabama office, headquarters for the Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) division. The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong technical skills to achieve sustainable quality products. He/she will have a track record as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This candidate will demonstrate a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business.
The candidate will design, develop, document, test and maintain applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- 2 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline; 0 Years with Masters
- Experience with Java and/or C/C development
- Must be comfortable developing software in either Windows and/or Linux based environment
- Must be able to travel 25% time to support on-going field exercise/test
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Relational database experience
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experience with scripting (such as bash, perl, python, and other scripting tools/language) development
- Experience with web application and/or Web Service Development
- Experience researching new technology for inclusion/use on customer programs
- Active Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top