Software Engineer 2
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate for a highly competitive engineering position within our team of exceptional scientists and software engineers. This software engineering position involves software development of enhancements to complex scientific software applications, with a specific focus on algorithm implementation for sensor-based image and signal processing. The individual selected for this position will support an effort to develop requirements and design from algorithm specifications, implement and integrate the approved designs, and update corresponding documentation and interfaces. This position will be located in Woodland Hills, CA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's XonTech Systems team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- C/C software development and maintenance in a UNIX environment. Python and Java skills are also desirable but not required.
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the development team and team lead
- Support requirements definition and specifications for software enhancements
- Design and implement software enhancements and maintenance
- Create and execute unit and integration tests, and document test procedures
- Document software changes in updates to operator manuals and white papers
- Support system integration
- Travel as necessary
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of industry networking practices, techniques and standards and proficiency with Java and C software.
- Be able to function under general supervision and review of work for sound judgment, adequacy and accuracy.
- Apply organizational, communication and interpersonal skills when coordinating with both internal and external management, staff and customers.
- Must be eligible for and granted a Secret clearance within six months of accepting the position.
- Understand the storage and handling of proprietary information.
- BS degree (CS, EE preferred)
- 2 years software engineering/development and/or related experience using C/C /UNIX; 0 years with Masters
- Practical experience with all phases of the software development life cycle, from requirements through integration and testing
- Experience with designing, developing, documenting, testing and debugging applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
- Familiarity and comfort with Object Oriented analysis and design
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team, and to execute tasks according to published schedules.
- Experience developing in UNIX development environments.
- Working knowledge of software version control applications
- Able to obtain a DoD Top Secret clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Optimization and throughput expertise on multi-core architectures, using methods like OpenMP and/or use of vector intrinsic operations
- Data movement using middleware technology, such as CORBA and/or MPI
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with X-Windows software development
- Willingness to travel
- Experience with ClearCase and Subversion
- Knowledge of ground-based phased array radar systems
- MS degree (CS, EE)
. Have a DoD Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top